Comment on page
Founder Sales A.K.A Genesis Sales, in NFTs, commonly refers to the first and initial sales.
These sales are essential for NFT Projects because they serve as a way to receive funding to continue the project.
Many people try to participate in these sales because often, the assets can be bought here at their cheapest value before the NFTs rocket to the moon.
In Guild of Guardians, The Founder Sales is the first NFT and In-game Asset sales for the game. It is an opportunity for players/investors to buy and own rare and exclusive founder NFTs.
These NFTs will never be sold again. That and their utilities, are the main reason they go up in value, especially after a game blows up to the masses.
It is important to note that Hero Summons is different from actual Hero NFTs.
Even though there were only 7,500 Legendary Hero Summons, the actual supply of Legendary Heroes is larger. This is because Epic Hero Summons and Rare Hero Summons can summon a Legendary Hero. (5% Chance to get Legendary for Epic Hero Summon and 1% Chance for Rare Hero Summon)
During the Founder Sales, Guild of Guardians rewards people who participate by distributing ~1.4% of the $GoG Token's max supply to its early backers.
Eligibility for the Gem Reward Distribution were only for those who have bought through the Guild of Guardians Website. For the same reason, NFTs that were bought in the pre-sale / whitelists (for waves 2 & 3) were not counted for the Distribution.
- Purchases will automatically receive a discount of 20% for early-bird purchasing. This decreases with each subsequence purchase.
Players who buy NFTs earlier benefited for up to 20% Discount. This discount decreases as the supplies for each NFT decreases too.
This meant that the person who bought the first Adventurers Guild Token enjoyed 20% Discount and could grab the NFT for only $180 ($200 Base Price). Meanwhile, the person who bought the 1001st Adventurers Guild Token benefitted from a 10% Discount, and only the last person who purchased the last Adventurers Guild Token got it for the base price ($200), excluding other discounts.
- Users can generate and share a unique link to earn rewards. Anyone who buys using your link gets 5% off, and you earn 5% of what they spend.
Everyone who used a referral link in the Founder Sales received a 5% Discount. The discounted amount of funds from a person goes directly to the owner of the referral link.
If Person A created a referral link and gave it to Person B, then Person B used it to buy a Mythic Guild that is priced for $100,000, Person B will be able to buy the Mythic Guild for $95,000 after the discount and the $5,000 will go to Person A.
I do not know how the discounts work when the 2 different discounts were applied.
The first wave of Guild of Guardians' Founder Sales occured in May 27 of 2021.
- May 27, 2021 ; 11 AM Start / Sales goes Live
- June 03, 2021 More than 100 Adventurers Guild Tokens Sold 2 Mythic Guild Tokens Left
- June 05, 2021 Adventurers Guild Tokens Sold Out
- June 11, 2021 $150K Total Referral Discounts Reached
- June 26, 2021 7% Found Guild Tokens Supply Left
- June 28, 2021 1 Mythic Guild Token Left
- July 09, 2021 Mythic Guild Tokens Sold Out
- July 11, 2021 Warriors Guild Tokens Sold Out
- July 13, 2021 Legends Guild Tokens Sold Out Wave 1 End / Sold Out
The first wave of Founder Sales officially ended at July 13 of the same year.
In the first wave, only Guild Tokens and Legendary Hero Summons, with all of their supply, were offered to the public.
- Encountered Website Problem, some people were ip-banned automatically due to spam-refreshing the website
- Some people lost in Gas Wars and when trying to mint when the Heroes are already sold out but appears to still be available in front end (all lost funds worth $25,000 were later returned)
- Delayed Appearance of Assets to Inventory
- Users buying on Binance Smart Chain instead of in Eth Mainnet
- Dev summoned a mythic, which were later raffled to the community
- Wave 2 of Founder Sales
- Over 2,000 players bought Founder Assets
- $75,000 Referral Rewards Distributed
- 1,829 players with Legendary Heroes
- Healthy Asset Distribution of Legendary Heroes
- 1000 people with Adventurers, 58 with Warriors, 9 with Legends, and 8 with Mythic Guilds.
- $3 Million Total Sales
- Reached Second Most Used Smart Contract in Eth network in day 1
- September 03, 2021Wave 2 AnnouncementWhitelist Registration Start
- September 07, 2021Whitelist Registration Deadline
- September 10, 2021Whitelist Release
- September 13, 2021Wave 2 goes Live (16:00 AEST / GMT + 11)Sold Out in 10 mins
- September 18, 2021Whitelist Payment Deadline (10:00 AEST / GMT + 11)
- September 19, 2021Whitelist Appeals Form Released
- October 14, 2021Whitelist NFT Distribution List Released
- October 19, 2021Succesful Appeals List
- October 26, 2021Whitelist Appeals Payment Deadline
As a rule of thumb we will always act in the best interests of our early adopters, active community members, and provable long-term believers. We will be reserving 20% of the total allocation of Wave Two NFTs for our existing community members.It is important for us to balance rewarding existing and active community members with the ability to bring in new members which grows the overall ecosystem. The 20% figure is an adequate sweet spot that we feel ticks both of those boxes.
People were requested to answer a google form to register for the Whitelist. The google form includes questions about Discord Tag, Amount of Requested Epic Hero Summons, Amount of Requested Energy Boosters. After that, the entries in the google form were manually screened, and then later, Whitelist is made.
With the aforementioned Gas Wars situation in mind, we have made the executive decision NOT to announce a specific date and time for when we are officially live with Wave Two. We will drop clues on our socials, and in our Discord in the lead-up. Doing this discourages botting, nefarious activity, and it actually ensures that more honest and genuine buyers end up with NFTs. We will not be disclosing the smart contract or website prior to the sale.
In the second wave, Epic Hero Summons and Energy Boosters were sold. With 20% of it allocated to the Whitelist / Private Sale and the remaining 80% of supply obtainable through the website
All NFTs Sold in ~ 30 Minutes.
- October 26, 2021Wave 3 Whitelist Announcement and Registration Form Release
- November 02, 2021Whitelist Release
- November 11, 2021Wave 3 Goes LiveSold out in less than 2 Hours
In the second wave, Rare Hero Summons and Pet Summons were sold. 100% of Rare Hero Summons Supply sold publicly. On the otherhand, 20% of Pet Summons Supply were allocated for Whitelist / Private Sale
Hero Summons is different from actual Hero NFTs.
Even though there were only 7,500 Legendary Hero Summons, the actual supply of Legendary Heroes is larger. This is because Epic Hero Summons and Rare Hero Summons have chances to summon a Legendary Hero. (5% Chance to get Legendary for Epic Hero Summon and 1% Chance for Rare Hero Summon)
Example. Legendary Hero Summons Supply + (Epic Hero Summons Supply x 5%) + (Rare Hero Summons Supply x 1%) = 10,450
By the maths, here are the theoretically expected supply of NFTs: